Annons:
Tagnutrition-diet
Read 1142 times
Evelina
2019-07-26 11:16

Tips for eating healthy while traveling

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

I recently read this blog post about how to maintain nutrition while traveling: https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/how-to-maintain-good-nutrition-while-traveling/ I love going out to eat while traveling so that I can experience the food culture of the country I am visiting. But I have also come to realize that shopping at the grocery stores offers another type of food experience in a foreign country. You can see what types of things are similar or different to where you are from or living. In Germany, at least at the grocery store I shopped at, I realized that the vegetables sell out quickly. By 6 or 7pm everything was likely to be sold out. Also they didn’t sell chicken as much, but rather turkey and pork. My main tips would be don’t go all out everyday but enjoy yourself. Experience the culture and relax without feeling guilty. Try to to keep a good balance between healthy and unhealthy choices. If you are dieting, it would be a good time to take a diet break and eat at maintence calories to give your body and mind a break. If you know you might go out for drinks and large dinner with dessert in the evening, choose a smaller healthy lunch and/or breakfast. Plan ahead for places you want to eat that have healthy options. Try to up the amount of steps you’re doing to Help balance the less healthy food or drinks you’re intaking. Or try out the hotel gym if there is one. Do you have any tips to share?

Annons:
jordan
2019-07-30 00:00

Maybe something  along the lines of don't be too hesitant with the food you see that you are not familiar with! Although you may know what that McDonalds tastes like, there is probably something region or nation specific that would be healthier for a similar price!

Tammie
2019-08-02 02:53

Good tips.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Scroll to top
Annons: