Annons:
Tagnutrition-diet
Read 1464 times
jordan
2019-08-15 01:02

"Good Food" and "Bad Food"

While watching Matt's most recent video he discusses the mental aspects of dieting, in particular good food and bad food. Within it, they stress the importance of ridding yourself of food anxiety (they give the example of feeling bad when having a pizza), and acknowledging that while having something that would be considered bad is not the end of the world at all, provided you don't let it spiral out of control.

It is definitely an enlightening discussion. Although the idea of food anxiety was unfamiliar with me beforehand, it is certainly something that I have experienced myself. It did make me wonder though how important diet is overall when trying to stay fit. Would you say that is more important than exercise?

Annons:
Evelina
2019-08-15 09:00

I would say exercise is more important than eating 100% ”good” food. I think its important to have a decent balance, like an 80/20 approach to nutrition, where you eat mostly healthy foods but choose to eat less healthy foods at certain points. Over restricting yourself can just lead to binge eating and other unhealthy behaviour, or can lead to less motivation to go back to the gym.

jordan
2019-08-15 23:37

Ahh I see! Often you hear the term 'cheat day' where people choose to eat what they want for the day. As long as it doesn't intrude on your healthy habits then having one every so often isn't bad at all?

Evelina
2019-08-16 09:24

I think having the mind set of cheat days can lead to negative feelings about food and binge and/or bulimia disorder. I think about it more like I have a healthy breakfast, lunch, and dinner but my snack for the day might be an ice cream! Or my breakfast could be chocolate pancakes but all my other meals are healthy and so on. 😊

jordan
2019-08-16 21:06

Yeah, actually that seems like a much better way of approaching it!

Evelina
2019-08-16 22:55

I think the cheat meal days on Youtube are insane! Have you ever watched them? #4

jordan
2019-08-20 23:06

Do you mean like the massive calorie ones? I think I might have! I remember someone tried doing it by attempting to eat the largest pizza you can get in the USA Laughing out loud It didn't go too well though!

Annons:
Niklas
2019-08-21 12:12

I would advise to go with moderation in everything. Don’t over- or under-anything. I’m really bad at all of this. 😀

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Scroll to top
Annons: